These are the categories of information we collect:
- Information and Content You Choose to Give Us. We collect the content, information, communication and other aspects you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to sign up a basic Socio account, therefore we need to collect few important details about you, such as; a unique username you would like to go by, a password, and an email address, a phone number, and gender. This is just to make your profile look better and easier for others to find you, there is a couple of information we may ask you to provide which is publicly visible on our services e.g. Profile Picture, Name, Username, and other useful identifying information.
- Information We Get When You Use Our Services. We collect information about how you use our services, such as type of content that you view or engage with, the feature you use, the action you take, the people or accounts you interact with and the time, frequency and duration of your activities while you using Socio Chat. For example, we do keep a log – When you use or what you last use our application, website and/or product, what gift you send, what gift you received and all other content you view while using our product.
- Device Information. We collect information from and about the computers, cellphones, connected TV’s and other web-connected devices you may use that integrated with Socio Chat. For example, we collect information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system, version, device memory, advertising identifiers, browser type, language and time zone. We also collect information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile service provider and signal strength.
Device Contacts. Socio is all about interacting with different communities all around the globe while making new friends. We may-with your permission-collect information from your Device Contacts.
Camera and Gallery. Socio Chat requires to collect information about Camera and Gallery from your device, if you want to share Picture, Video or anything from Gallery via using our services, website and application. For example, you won’t able to send Photo from your cellphone camera or gallery unless we can access your camera or gallery.
Cookie Data. Data from cookies stored on your device, including cookie IDs and settings.
Log Data. We collect log information when you use our website. Those are the data which include the (a) details about how you have used our product. (b) device information, such as your web browser type and language. (c) when do you access our services e.g. the time your login and logout? (d) We also collect your IP address information by which you interact with our product.
Location Information. When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include your phone GPS, Service Provider, Cell towers, and Wi-Fi access points.
- Third-Party Information.
Information Others Provide About You. We receive information when other people provide us. The information may include informational data about you. For Example, when other users you know use our services, they may provide your phone number from their address book (just as you may provide theirs).
Third Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, perform, improve, understand, support and grow better for our services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our application, product and/or services to help us understand how people and markets use our Services. These third-party providers give us information about you in certain circumstances; For example; Application Stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix issues and the feedback to help us improve better.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? We use all the informational data -that help us to operate, provide, serve, grow, improve, support, and understand our Services. Here are the ways we do that:
- Send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to your inquiries or to share information about our application, website or product.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Use the information we have collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- Verify accounts and activities, and promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our Terms, and to ensure our products are being used legally.
- We use the information we have to develop, test and improve our products, including by conducting surveys, research, testing, and troubleshooting our new features and/or products.
Information You and We Share
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, improve, understand, customize, support and market our Products. We may share information about you in the following ways:
Account Information. Your phone number, Profile name and Photo, Socio Status and Online/Offline presence. Although you can configure your Service Setting to manage certain information visible to other users or not.
Your Contacts and Others. The users with whom you communicate may store or re-share the data information with others on and off our Services. The data you will share with any Socio users with your own will – can be shared elsewhere.
Third-Party Providers. We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our product. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information under our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
Third-Party for Legal Reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule or regulation.
- Investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Services violations.
- Protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, and others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
Third-Party as part of a merger. If Socio Chat gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
We may also share with this parties-such advertisers-aggregated, non-personally identifiable, or de-identified information.
How Long We Keep Your Information
Socio Chat lets you interact with different people, from different parts of the world who do have different cultures, religions, and atmospheres in real-time. On our end, that means most messages like photos, text messages in Chatrooms and/or in private to other users will be automatically deleted by default from our servers. Other contents, like Profile Picture, username status, and gifts are stored for longer. The information we store for longer periods of time. For example:
- We store your basic account information – like your name, phone number, email address and list of friends.
- We store location information for different lengths of time based on how precise it is and which services you use. For example, if you are from a certain location and there is a big community using Socio Chat, we will introduce our various programs there e.g. Merchantship.
- We are constantly collecting and updating information about the things you might like and dislike, so we can provide you with more relevant content and products.
If you ever decide to stop using Socio Chat, you can just send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete most of the information we have collected about you. Our system does delete information automatically if you have been inactive for a while – but not to worry, we will try to contact you first.
Keep in mind that, while our systems are designed to carry out our deletion practices automatically, we cannot promise that deletion will occur within a specific timeframe. There may be legal requirements to store your data and we may need to suspend those deletion practices if we receive a valid legal process asking us to preserve content or if we receive reports of abuse or other Terms of Service violations. Finally, we may also retain certain information in backup for a limited period of time or as required by law.
Socio is a social application where people from all over the world share their contents, reviews, ideas, and feelings. Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. However, in this manner Socio chat takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of young people using our application, website, and services. Socio Chat is a general audience application, and we do not knowingly collect information about children. We recommend the parents to review Socio content, and offering; before your child starts using our application, website, and products. While we say this, we do not and will not allow or have any adult content on our application, website, and services.
Our Advertising Partners
- Google https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads
- YouTube https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/